BSc (Hons) Computer Game Development*
UK Games Fund Award 2018 & Grads in Games Awards Finalists 2019
in Wales for overall satisfaction*
in Wales for teaching*
UCAS code: G451
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3/4YRS (FT/Placement) 6YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Rated first in Wales for overall satisfaction and teaching*, this course is designed to develop strong technical game development and project management skills to enhance your employability.
The team work closely with organisations such as UK Games Fund, Games Wales and BAFTA Cymru to ensure that our students always have access to cutting-edge industry related training and knowledge. The course is also fully accredited by British Computing Society.
We are home to the innovative Games Talent Wales programme and a UK regional Tranzfuser hub that is sponsored and supported by the UK Games Fund and UK Games Talent. Our business incubation centre is home to several award-winning student owned game studios.
With more than a decade of evolution behind it, students on this course will:
- develop the technical skills that underpin games design, programming and the technical game art pipeline
- enjoy the benefits of close industry engagement with regular visits, notable guest speakers, presentations, discussion groups and social events
- gain valuable experience and insight into the game development process and the management of an independent game studio
- benefit from a personal mentor with games development experience to help develop your skills and knowledge
- have access to our in-house business incubation centre and the latest tools and technology in a specialist game development studio
- develop a professional game design portfolio and critical employability skills
- offers the option of an Industrial Placement Year
This course is available to study this course with an Industrial Placement year BSc (Hons) Computer Game Development (with Industrial Placement) UCAS Code: CGIP
You can also choose to study this course with a foundation year BSc (Hons) Computer Game Development (four years including foundation year) UCAS code I620 or as a four-year Integrated Masters MComp Computer Game Development
UCAS code 57KS
*Subject to re-accreditation