- Information that we collect from you and your use of this website
- How we use your information
- How we handle the data submitted by you
- Links to external web sites
- How to contact us
- Freedom of Information
- Contacts and Feedback
1.1 Information you give us
When you visit this website you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, including your name and contact details.
1.2 Automatic Information
We automatically receive and save certain types of information whenever you interact with this website. We use the information to monitor website traffic and to assist with the navigation and user experience of the website.
Information that we will automatically receive includes:
- Requested URL (Uniform Resource Locator)
- IP (Internet Protocol) address (this may or may not identify a specific computer)
- The domain name from which you access the internet
- Referring URL
- Software (browser/operating system) used to access the page
- Date and time pages were visited
We may use and analyse the information we collect so that we can manage and improve the services on the website. Demographic and statistical information about user behaviour may be collected and used to analyse the popularity and effectiveness of the website. Any disclosure of this information will be in aggregate form and will not identify individual users.
Wrexham Glyndwr University also uses services from Google and Hotjar on this website to measure and analyse visitor information. For further information on these, please visit Google Analytics and Hotjar.
The University will not (nor will it allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tools to track or to collect personally identifiable information of visitors to this website. The University will not associate any data gathered with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the statistical analytics tools.
3.1 Data Protection Legislation
The University is your data controller. As your data controller, the University has notified its activities to the Office of the Information Commissioner as required under the GDPR and is listed in the Public Register of Data Controllers. Personal information will only be collected and/or processed by the University in accordance with the GDPR.
3.2 Disclosure of your information
- Except as set out in this policy or as required by law, your personal data will not be provided to any third party without your prior written consent
- The information you provide to us will be held on our computers in the UK. It may be accessed by or given to third parties some of whom may be located outside the European Economic Area who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information and may provide support services to the University or on the University’s behalf.
- Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy.
3.3 Monitoring use of University systems
In order to protect the security and working of University network and computer systems, it may be necessary to monitor or log the use of these systems. If there are indications of abuse of systems or that individuals may be using systems in excess of their authority, files, messages and any or all uses of the systems may be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected and disclosed to authorised University and law enforcement personnel.
Should the information we hold about you be incorrect, you can change and update your personal information and you can have your information corrected by contacting us.
We will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data which we keep about you upon request by contacting us at the address below. We may require proof of your identity before supplying you with this information to ensure confidentiality.
We are committed to making our website accessible to all our users. For further information or to let us know about any problems you have had, please email email@example.com. We greatly value your feedback. View our website accessibility statement for more information.
The gathering and processing of personal data is regulated by the Data Protection Act 1998. Any requests by individuals for access to information held about them by the University should be made in writing to Data Protection Officer, Glyndwr University Mold Road Wrexham LL11 2AW.
Any comments or feedback regarding this statement should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Wrexham Glyndwr University