Enrolment for New Students
When you first arrive at Wrexham Glyndwr University, one of your first and most important tasks is to enrol in person so you can officially join the university. On completion of enrolment you will then be able to access all the facilities and services you are entitled to as a student here.
Before you enrol in person, you will have been asked to complete some pre-enrolment tasks online. Once you provide pre-enrolment data online you are guaranteed a ‘fast track enrolment pass’ which make the final steps of enrolment in person much quicker.
When you enrol you will be entitled to:
- Your student ID card
- Resources for your programme of study
- Participate in assessment
- Receive a Council Tax Exemption Certificate (where appropriate)
- Receive your Student Loan (where appropriate)
- Live in Halls of Residence
- Access additional University services and information
To make sure you are prepared before you arrive at Wrexham Glyndwr University, here are the few simple steps that you'll need to follow:
Step 1 - Fill in your pre-enrolment data
You'll be sent an email by the university, usually around mid-late August, with a link to the enrolment system. These details need to be completed in full and submitted before you arrive.
Step 2- Upload a photograph
On the enrolment system, there is a section which requires you to upload a photograph of yourself. This will need to be an appropriate, passport-style image and will be used to create your Student ID card.
Step 3 - Provide details of your qualifications
Our Student Data Services department requires details of all your relevant qualifications. We encourage students to provide these in advance of your arrival in order to save delays in you enrolling. You will be given details of how to scan these in and send to us.
Step 4 - Print out your pass
Once you have completed and submitted all the required details, you will be able to print out your 'fast enrolment pass' which you will need to bring with you when you arrive. This will make things easier on enrolment day.
Online enrolments need to be completed by Sunday 24th September - if you haven't yet received the email please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
What do I need when I arrive?
Although the pre-enrolment data will help things to go smoothly when you arrive, you'll still need to bring the the following essential documents:
- Your offer letter from either Wrexham Glyndwr or from UCAS which confirms your place.
- Photo-based ID together with proof of name - either a current passport, EEA ID card or photo-based driving licence (current or provisional). Your birth/adoption certificate will be acceptable along with other photo ID bearing the same name.
- Proof of address - a statement or letter from a bank, building society, utility company, mobile phone company, local authority or government agency showing your name and address. This must be an original printed on headed paper. Alternatively, if you have one, your SLC Loan confirmation letter (from SFW, SFE, SAAS or DELNI) will be sufficient.
- Student loan confirmation letter (if applicable), or if you are sponsored by another organisation, a copy of the letter from your sponsor addressed to Wrexham Glyndwr University confirming their committment to pay your fees.
- Your certificates or official transcripts for the highest qualification you have achieved to date (e.g. HND certificate, A-level certificates, degree certificate etc.) If you do not yet have your certificates yet, please inform us at enrolment.
- Your 'fast-track enrolment' pass
Help is at hand
Our Student Data Services team will be hosting a pre-enrolment helpdesk starting on September 11 for two weeks where students can get support with any problems providing pre-enrolment data with a member of staff. These sessions will be between 10am-12noon and 2-4pm, Monday to Friday. You can also call 01978 293039 for help if you can’t attend one of the drop in sessions or email the team on email@example.com