Discover our courses starting in September 2019 

Wrexham Glyndwr University Logo
WGU ten years
header image


While you’re at uni you might find that you need some extra support or someone to talk to about a problem – with your studies or personal life – our counsellors are here to be that listening ear if ever you need one.

Sometimes it’s easier to talk to someone you don’t know (like a counsellor) about things, because they are completely separate to the situation itself – they’re here solely for you and to listen to how you think and feel.

You can talk in confidence about anything that is concerning you or impacting on your life. It doesn’t matter how big or small a problem it might be, if it’s troubling you, then it’s important to talk about.

Get in touch with the counselling and wellbeing service by emailing or calling 01978 293266.

chaplaincy blog


Our on campus Chaplaincy is here to support and promote your wellbeing – and don’t think that because you’re of no religion, you can’t benefit from it.

The chaplaincy is open to all faiths and none, so if you ever want somewhere to talk or have some quiet time alone to reflect or meditate, you can pop along to the chaplaincy’s quiet room (in the students’ union building.

There’s a team of chaplains available for you to talk to about anything that’s on your mind. They’re not here to judge or preach to you, they’re here to listen, talk and support you, whatever your situation.

You can keep up to date with the chaplaincy’s news and events on their blog -

care leavers banner

Care Leavers

If you’re leaving care to come to uni, we are here to help with all aspects of the move.

WGU has the Frank Buttle Trust Quality Mark for its commitment to helping young people in and leaving care to achieve their academic and career goals – which we’re very proud of!

Our support team is here to provide guidance on everything from applying for your course, to student finance and accommodation.

You’ll have a personal advisor who will be able to tell you about your support package and what you’re entitled to financially as these things depend on your own personal circumstances.

As a care leaver, you’re able to move into on-campus accommodation with a 365 day contract, so you don’t have to find somewhere else to live during the summer. And if your accommodation fees aren’t paid by your local authority, we have a number of bursaries offering 50% reduction in accommodation costs in our halls of residence.

If you’d like to know more about the support available, contact Beryl Dixon on 01978 293547 or email

University open dayOpen Evening