Youth & Community Work (JNC)
Rated silver in Teaching Excellence Framework
800 hours supervised fieldwork practice with a placement in each year of study
Gain a JNC professional qualification in Youth Work alongside your degree
UCAS code: L593
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT) 6 YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
This exciting course is specially designed for those wanting to work positively with children, young people, marginalised groups and communities.
- learn youth work methods, values and engagement skills for working to support individuals and groups with their personal, social and political development
- gain a professional youth work qualification endorsed by Education Training Standards Wales
- spend over a third of your time in placement activities
- be able to register with the Education Workforce Council in Wales as a Youth Worker upon successful completion of the course
- have opportunities for a part-funded placement through the Erasmus programme
- enjoy the benefits of studying in a department with 42 years’ experience, links with employers across North Wales, North West England, and the Midlands, and partnerships with organisations across the statutory, voluntary and third sector
- have the option to study a faith-based route in the first year and exit with a Certificate in Higher Education Youth and Community Work (faith-based), or to top up to the full degree and JNC Qualification*.
*Students on the faith-based route that wish to gain the full JNC professional qualification will need to complete a further 20 credit module at level 4
You can also choose to study this course as a foundation year BA (Hons) Youth and Community Work (JNC) (with foundation year) UCAS code: 4KWS
The lectures: learning new concepts and being able to discuss these with lecturers and my fellow students is what i enjoyed most about my course.