BA (Hons) Youth & Community Work (JNC)
Rated silver in Teaching Excellence Framework
800 hours supervised fieldwork practice with a placement in each year of study
Gain a JNC professional qualification in Youth Work alongside your degree
UCAS code: L593
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT) 6 YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
This exciting course is specially designed for those wanting to work positively with children, young people, marginalised groups and communities.
- learn youth work methods, values and engagement skills for working to support individuals and groups with their personal, social and political development
- gain a professional youth work qualification endorsed by Education Training Standards Wales
- spend over a third of your time in placement activities
- be able to register with the Education Workforce Council in Wales as a Youth Worker upon successful completion of the course
- have opportunities for a part-funded placement through the Erasmus programme
- enjoy the benefits of studying in a department with 42 years’ experience, links with employers across North Wales, North West England, and the Midlands, and partnerships with organisations across the statutory, voluntary and third sector
- have the option to study a faith-based route in the first year and exit with a Certificate in Higher Education Youth and Community Work (faith-based), or to top up to the full degree and JNC Qualification*.
*Students on the faith-based route that wish to gain the full JNC professional qualification will need to complete a further 20 credit module at level 4
You can also choose to study this course as a foundation year BA (Hons) Youth and Community Work (JNC) (with foundation year) UCAS code: 4KWS
Try before you apply!
Unsure about studying an undergraduate degree? We know full time study can be daunting, so why not try our tailor made short courses and evening classes to help you learn the key skills you need to move forward with your dream career path.Try now