Strong links with industry and professional bodies
High contact time with the programme team
Access to specialist facilities in the Centre for the Creative Industries
UCAS code: VE19
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
The UK’s world-renowned Visual Effects (VFX) industry is vital to the future of the whole infrastructure of our film and video game production. This idea-driven practical course will make sure you are armed with all the skills you need to start working in the industry.
- bring digital effects to reality through a series of modules including CGI Animation and VFX for Video Games
- gain experience in digital skills and techniques used to bring projects from concept to screen through matte painting, 3D modelling, 3D sculpting and computer-generated animation
- learn a mix of design and technical skills like environment/character design and creation, 3D modelling, texturing, compositing, live briefs, and post-production
- use the latest industry standard software
- have the opportunity to work with industry professionals on real-world projects
*Subject to Validation. The University reviews its courses on a regular basis to ensure that they reflect the needs of students and employers. To do this we have a schedule for approving new programmes, and updating existing ones. Some are awaiting their turn in the approval cycle and are shown as 'subject to validation'. As soon as the award is validated, details will be amended automatically. For those courses listed as subject to validation, please contact the Admissions Office on 01978 293439 for further information. Once a programme that you have applied for is validated, details will be communicated to you. If you are not happy with the changes made and wish to withdraw your choice, the University will assist you with finding an alternative programme.