BA (Hons) Visual Effects
Strong links with industry and professional bodies
High contact time with the programme team
Access to specialist facilities in the Centre for the Creative Industries
UCAS code: VE19
Year of entry: 2020 2021
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
The UK’s world-renowned Visual Effects (VFX) industry is vital to the future of the whole infrastructure of our film and video game production. Designed with employability in mind, this new industry driven, skill-based course will make sure you are armed with all the skills you need to start working in the industry.
The course is officially partnered with On-Set Facilities a global leader in virtual production. The partnership is based on a working relationship which directly influences the course content, ensuring industry relevance is at the centre of your studies. Virtual production and real-time VFX is the future of the movie industry and currently being used to create movies, TV programmes and adverts.
- bring digital effects to reality through a series of modules including CGI Animation and VFX for Video Games
- gain experience in digital skills and techniques used to bring projects from concept to screen through matte painting, 3D modelling, 3D sculpting and computer-generated animation
- learn a mix of design and technical skills like environment/character design and creation, 3D modelling, texturing, compositing, live briefs, and post-production
- use the latest industry standard software
- have the opportunity to work with industry professionals on real-world projects