BSc (Hons) Sports Injury Rehabilitation
a clinical approach to therapeutic methods to treat musculoskeletal injuries.
UCAS code: 12MG
Year of entry: 2020 2021
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
This Sports Injury Rehabilitation degree will prepare students for the integrated sports and injury rehabilitation field and more focused environments such as sports teams, fitness to work and health promotion. It will also have a focus on the wider variables and impact of sports injuries in respect of the physiological, psychological, cultural and social factors that impact on the health and wellbeing of individuals. The importance of having a person-centred approach to care/treatment modalities will be addressed and taking into consideration of the importance of motivational interviewing/communication.
- Develop skills in workload management and professionalism to optimise client care
- Be able to practice safely, competently and confidently to ensure they meet the exacting standards of becoming a Graduate Sports Rehabilitator (BASRaT)
- Be adaptable and responsive to the changing climate of sports rehabilitation
- Consider the wider holistic elements of health and wellbeing and how they affect recovery from injury
- Demonstrate and apply wider understanding/theoretical principles affecting sports rehabilitation