BSc (Hons) Speech and Language Therapy*
Speech and Language Therapy which is unique in North Wales
with the Health and Care Professions Council
support by staff and practice education facilitators embedded within each Health Board area
UCAS code: SL22
Year of entry: 2022
UCAS Tariff: 120
Duration: 3 Years (FT)
Institution code: G53
A degree in Speech and Language Therapy is brand new to North Wales. This course at Wrexham Glyndŵr University is the first to be designed in the wake of the pandemic, making it not only specialised in its content but also unique in its locality.
- Will integrate new technological and stimulatory advances to the profession into teaching and learning practices.
- Means graduates will be eligible for certification by the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists and Health Care Professions Council, allowing them practice as a certified SALT.
- Maintains a close working relationship with therapists in providing a professional education that is attuned to the needs of health and care provision in Wales.
- Be one of the first to ensure learners graduate with international parity among SALT graduates around the world.
- Gives graduates the ability to uphold a paediatric and/or adult caseload and can assess and treat patients with dysphagia as well as speech, language and communication needs, under supervision as a newly qualified therapist.
*Subject to validation and accreditation