BSc (Hons) Professional Policing
1st in the UK
for student satisfaction*
by the College of Policing
from agencies delivering or engaged in policing and criminal justice
UCAS code: 243H
Year of entry: 2021
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3YRS (FT) 4-6YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Following the requirement by The College of Policing, all new police officers will be required to hold an approved degree in policing by 2020.
Policing in England and Wales is a complex activity characterised by the need to carefully consider how law, values, social policy and organisational priorities should be interpreted and applied. As police forces in England and Wales aim to adapt to meet the demands of the 21st century, discover an in-depth degree developed in partnership with North Wales Police.
This course will:
- combine scenario-based learning based upon simulated policing encounters, together with lectures and seminars taught by experienced academic staff and retired experienced police officers
- offers opportunities for students to develop their academic knowledge and skills in policing
- develop knowledge of the broader criminal justice system
- demonstrate advanced skills in dealing effectively and sensitively with members of the public
- on completion of the course, have the necessary legal and policing knowledge and key transferable skills to meet the operational requirements of the police service
- *study in a subject area rated first in the UK for student satisfaction, Complete University Guide 2022
- *study a course which is part of the Sociology CAH3 subject group rated 2nd out of UK universities for teaching in the National Student Survey 2021. It was also rated 1st out of Welsh universities for learning opportunities, assessment and feedback, academic support, organisation and management, learning community, student voice, students' union and overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2021.
- take part in our annual real-time training exercise: