BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy
1st in the UK
for overall satisfaction*
3rd in the UK
for graduate prospects*
by the Health and Care Professions Council and the Royal College of Occupational Therapists
UCAS code: B930
Year of entry: 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3YRS (FT) 4YRS (PT) from Jan 2020*
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Would you like to work with people of all ages in a creative and empowering way? Our BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy programme may be ideal for you.
- is in a subject area rated 1st in the UK for overall satisfaction (WGU analysis of unpublished NSS 2019 data).
- is designed to equip you to develop into being a reflective, autonomous occupational therapist with a wide range of skills including communication, activity analysis, therapeutic interventions, entrepreneurship and research.
- be taught by skilled staff who are all registered Occupational Therapists with specialist clinical and research areas of expertise who maintain clinical practice and/or advisory roles alongside their teaching responsibilities
- be encouraged to become an independent learner with a variety of teaching methods used including lectures, practical workshops, group work, interactive seminars, online discussions and practice placements.
- access joint sessions with other health and social care students here within the university and with international occupational therapy students.
- develop professionally and personally over the course of your study, benefiting from the combination of academic and placement experience.
The part-time route of this course will be available from January 2020, with intakes every 2 years, and is also accredited by the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC). Applications for January 2020 entry are now closed.
For a taste of studying occupational therapy why not complete our short course Occupation for Health and Wellbeing?