BSc (Hons) Occupational
1st in the UK
for overall satisfaction*
3rd in the UK
for graduate prospects*
by the Health and Care Professions Council and the Royal College of Occupational Therapists
UCAS code: B930
Year of entry: 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3YRS (FT) 4YRS (PT) from Jan 2020*
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Would you like to work with people of all ages in a creative and empowering way? Our BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy programme may be ideal for you.
- is 1st in the UK for overall satisfaction (WGU analysis of unpublished NSS 2019 data).
- is designed to equip you to develop into being a reflective, autonomous occupational therapist with a wide range of skills including communication, activity analysis, therapeutic interventions, entrepreneurship and research.
- be taught by skilled staff who are all registered Occupational Therapists with specialist clinical and research areas of expertise who maintain clinical practice and/or advisory roles alongside their teaching responsibilities
- be encouraged to become an independent learner with a variety of teaching methods used including lectures, practical workshops, group work, interactive seminars, online discussions and practice placements.
- access joint sessions with other health and social care students here within the university and with international occupational therapy students.
- develop professionally and personally over the course of your study, benefiting from the combination of academic and placement experience.
The part time route of this course will be available from January 2020 and is also accredited by Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC).
For a taste of studying occupational therapy why not complete our short course Occupation for Health and Wellbeing?