24/7 access to recording studios
work experience opportunities
Based in Centre for the Creative industries, home to BBC Wales & Calon FM
UCAS code: J931
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Practical experience is at the heart of our music technology degree.
The course will:
- give you a critical understanding of key production processes and professional practices and develop your creativity
- complete a professional production of your own
- develop your skill set through gaining high level technical appreciation and professional skills
- learn about operational aspects of music technology including production technologies, audio production, emerging technology, radio production, compositional technology, and live performance
- make full use of the university’s facilities including its 24/7 open access recording studio and the Centre for Creative Industries
- have opportunities to enhance your experience through our relationships with local music venues
You can also choose to study this course as a foundation year BSc (Hons) Music Technology (four years including foundation year) UCAS Code:W370
I learnt a lot at Glyndŵr, had lots of fun and met a lot of great people, it was also really good to be able to get technically hands on with lots of events and performances happening around the uni.