BSc (Hons) Mental Health and Wellbeing
and innovative teaching methods
based experience tailored to your area of interest
peer mentor scheme from other students on the course
UCAS code: 2C3B
Year of entry: 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3YRS (FT) 6 YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Mental ill health is estimated to cost the Welsh economy £7.2billion each year. It can arise from a combination of factors and people living with mental health issues may require support from a range of services such as housing, social enterprise and community organisations as well as statutory health and social care services.
That’s why it’s vital there are knowledgeable practitioners to fill roles which will help to reduce the stigma, disadvantage and inequality experienced by people living with mental health issues and to work within communities to promote good mental health and wellbeing.
- is orientated towards prevention and recovery
- combines theory with work based learning to ensure that our graduates are perfectly placed to access a variety of careers in this ever-developing sector
- work on assignments that reflect the real life skills needed by future employers
- develop their self-awareness, emotional literacy, reflective and interpersonal skills – all of which are key to becoming an effective and competent practitioner
- be assigned a personal tutor on enrolment who will support them throughout their time on the programme
- benefit from the department’s open door policy and established peer mentor system
This course is also available to study with a foundation year BSc (Hons) Mental Health & Wellbeing (four years including foundation year) UCAS Code: 2C4B
Try before you apply!
Unsure about studying an undergraduate degree? We know full time study can be daunting, so why not try our tailor made short courses and evening classes to help you learn the key skills you need to move forward with your dream career path.Try now