BN (Hons) Mental Health Nursing*
Mental Health Nursing specific modules from day 1
by the Nursing and Midwifery Council*
Small student cohorts allow teaching team able to dedicate time to individuals
UCAS code: MH22
Year of entry: 2022
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT) 6 YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Mental Health nursing is a rewarding profession caring for people of all ages, their family and carers. At Wrexham Glyndwr University we will prepare you with the knowledge and skills to become a graduate and NMC registered Mental Health nurse. We pride ourselves on the support and guidance offered to students with an open-door approach.
- Have a personal tutor who will support and guide you in your personal and professional development.
- Study a programme developed to meet the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) (2018) Future Nurse standards.
- Split their studies 50/50 between clinical practice and theory. Practice placements in a variety of hospital and community settings enable you to experience a range of learning opportunities. Support in placement is by practice supervisors and assessors along with an academic assessor and practice education facilitators.
- Study Mental Health field specific learning from the beginning, giving you the opportunity to learn about the potential challenges to health and wellbeing throughout the lifespan, along with shared learning between mental health, child and adult fields of nursing.
- Have opportunities for interprofessional learning enable collaborative working with a range of different health care professionals.
*Subject to validation and accreditation