BA (Hons) Media Production
24/7 access to production studios
Opportunities to gain industry work experience
Based in Creative Industries building, home to BBC Wales
UCAS code: MP21
Year of entry: 2021
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Learn and work in a real production environment – this Media Production course is developed in close collaboration with leading industry experts.
- focuses on exploring current and emerging technologies applicable to still and moving media production
- engages students in the day-to-day operation of the production facility, extending student participation beyond the lecture theatre
- centres around the use of the university’s media and television studios where students explore media production for various markets and platforms, in addition to lighting and acquisition for visual effects work
- is designed to teach and develop skills across disciplines and covers a broad range of technologies that will help in the development of your own portfolio.
- will allow students to develop a theoretical and practical understanding across a range of skills in pre-production, production and post-production.
As well as the television studio, the course is built around the practical use of the university’s Centre for the Creative Industries and its wide range of facilities. The centre is home to BBC Cymru in North East Wales.
You can also choose to study this course as a foundation year BA (Hons) Media Production (four years including foundation year) UCAS Code:MPFY
Try before you apply!
Unsure about studying an undergraduate degree? We know full time study can be daunting, so why not try our tailor made short courses and evening classes to help you learn the key skills you need to move forward with your dream career path.Try now