knowledge of learning support roles in a variety of educational settings
Modules reflect the government’s priorities for education
in the Teaching Excellence Framework
UCAS code: FDLS
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 48
Duration: 2YRS (FT) 3yrs (PT)
Institution code: G53
This course is for those seeking or already pursuing a career supporting learners across the sectors in educational settings such as mainstream schools, resource provision units, special schools, post-compulsory provision or within the local authority support services.
This foundation degree combines taught modules and work-based learning to consider the sociological, historical, psychological, philosophical and contemporary aspects of education and develop the skills and knowledge required within the educational workplace.
- will develop learners’ knowledge and understanding of the role of learning support in differing contexts and a wide variety of educational settings
- will provide learners with the skills required to communicate and engage effectively with children and young people; whilst promoting understanding of the needs of the individual child or young person within the educational setting to effectively support their educational development in addition to heeding safeguarding and promoting their welfare
- enable learners to develop their knowledge, understanding and skills in relation to the preparation, planning, delivery, support and evaluation of a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that meets the needs of all learners
- will offer opportunities for academic and career development and progression
- will provide opportunities to apply academic theory to work-based practice to develop an understanding of diverse educational contexts and perspectives.
Why not come to one of our informal drop-in information sessions? Staff from the Education Department will be available in The Study between 4.00pm and 6.00pm to discuss this programme. Drop-in sessions take place in The Study weekly on Wednesdays. Please see dates and register your interest here or drop in on the day.