BA (Hons) Law and Criminal Justice*
a foundation for careers in law, criminal justice and business
specialist knowledge of Welsh law
1st in the UK
for student satisfaction*
UCAS code: LC21
Year of entry: 2021
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3YRS (FT) 6YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Our law and criminal justice degree will provide a foundation for those wanting to pursue a career in law in England and Wales. From 2022 onwards Law degrees will no longer be approved by either the Bar Standards Board (BSB) or Solicitor’s Regulation Authority (SRA) the WGU programme, however, will continue to provide some of the grounding for a career in law because it focusses on the academic and professional foundations for sitting the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) 1 and 2 and the Bar Training Course.
- has been submitted for Qualifying Law Degree (QLD) status to the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)
- covers necessary legal subjects, referred to in the professional bodies’ qualifying regulations as the Foundations of Legal Knowledge and the SQE1 Functioning Legal Knowledge (FLK) subject areas.
- will be provided by a team whose Criminology and Criminal Justice programme has been in the top ten in the UK for student satisfaction for three years in a row.
- will be delivered from a department at the University with almost twenty years’ experience of delivering flexible face to face and online higher education programmes.
- *is part of a subject area ranked 1st in the UK for student satisfaction, Complete University Guide 2022.
- *is part of the Sociology CAH3 subject group rated 2nd out of UK universities for teaching in the National Student Survey 2021. It was also rated 1st out of Welsh universities for learning opportunities, assessment and feedback, academic support, organisation and management, learning community, student voice, students' union and overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2021.
Students will complete qualifications the law elements of which have been developed in partnership with legal professionals representing firms local to the University.
*Subject to accreditation & validation