your illustrative style and creative flair
Work to professional standards
available, working with real clients
UCAS code: IL19
Year of entry: 2019
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
This degree in Illustration will help you develop both your illustrative style and flair for creative image-making. The course covers the practical, professional and artistic sides of working as an illustrator with an individual artistic voice. The programme will equip you for a successful career in the creative industries.
- learn how to create compelling images, work to professional standards and understand how your work fits into the industry
- be introduced to a broad range of creative skills, from the generation of ideas to their technical production through printmaking, bookbinding, 3D materials, life drawing, traditional and digital media, with an emphasis on drawing and the development of a unique personal style
- be introduced to professional creative processes and encouraged to expand your abilities through workshops and practical projects
- learn how to interpret a brief, identify and solve problems, develop creative individuality and produce a professional portfolio
- gain personal, professional and entrepreneurial skills including working as a freelance artist: from marketing and self-promotion to contracts, invoices and working with clients
- be encouraged to work on live briefs and competitions
*Subject to Validation. The University reviews its courses on a regular basis to ensure that they reflect the needs of students and employers. To do this we have a schedule for approving new programmes, and updating existing ones. Some are awaiting their turn in the approval cycle and are shown as 'subject to validation'. As soon as the award is validated, details will be amended automatically. For those courses listed as subject to validation, please contact the Admissions Office on 01978 293439 for further information. Once a programme that you have applied for is validated, details will be communicated to you. If you are not happy with the changes made and wish to withdraw your choice, the University will assist you with finding an alternative programme.