BA (Hons) Hospitality, Tourism & Event Management*
by the Chartered Management Institute
with North Wlaes tourism industry
in leadership & management
UCAS code: P0L2
Year of entry: 2021
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
This dedicated degree will give you the practical skills and the vital knowledge you need for a career in the hospitality, tourism and event management industry.
- is made up of stimulating and thought-provoking modules covering essential business topics
- includes advanced modules providing a breadth of knowledge and experience such as creating events, visitor attraction management, sustainable planning & development, contemporary issues in hospitality management and human resource management
- through our close relations with the North Wales tourism industry, we are able to arrange exciting guest speakers and on-site visits to some of the key organisations in the fields of hospitality, tourism and events.
- undertake direct, practical experience including real event management
- be encouraged to take a work placement that will significantly enhance your CV and employment prospects.
- enjoy complimentary student membership of the Institute of Hospitality
- benefit from Wrexham Glyndwr University being a Bronze Member of the Business Graduates Association with access to a range of benefits including consultative services and the BGA eLearning hub.
- All our graduating students** will also achieve a level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management from the Chartered Management Institute worth over £1,300 at no extra cost.
You can also choose to study this course as a foundation year BA (Hons) Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management (four years including foundation year) UCAS code: 2SKW
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) is the leading professional body for marketers worldwide and exists to develop the marketing profession, maintain professional standards and improve the skills of marketing practitioners. Glyndwr University has joined forces with CIM to give students the opportunity to gain professional qualifications through the CIM Graduate Gateway. CIM qualifications are highly sought after by employers, and their content is reflected in our own degrees which ensures we are equipping students with the best opportunities for a successful marketing career.
*Subject to re-validation
*Wrexham based students