BSc (Hons) Public Health and Wellbeing
work-based experience available
strong links to local employers
joint 1st in the UK*
for graduate prospects
UCAS code: L510
Year of entry: 2022
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3YRS (FT) 6YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Are you interested in health and wellbeing? Do you want to make a real difference to people’s lives? If so, this is the programme for you.
At the heart of public health is helping people to enjoy healthier lives and preventing them from getting ill. In a society where the National Health Service is facing unprecedented demand, promoting good health and preventing poor health is of vital importance. There are many existing as well as new and exciting roles out there for public health and wellbeing graduates, from developing health promotion campaigns through to social prescribing and tackling health inequalities.
- be introduced to a whole range of health challenges affecting the nation, including obesity, substance misuse, loneliness, mental illness and air pollution & will learn what we can do to address these challenges.
- learn about health behaviours at different life-stages – childhood, youth, adulthood and old age – and how to help different populations adopt healthy behaviours and change damaging ones.
- develop your self-awareness and emotional literacy, alongside reflective and interpersonal skills – all of which are crucial to working effectively in public health.
- *study a course which is in a subject area rated joint 1st in the UK for graduate prospects and 1st in Wales and 10th in the UK for student satisfaction in the Social Work subject league tables, Complete University Guide 2022.
- *study a course which is part of a subject area rated 1st in Wales overall and 1st in Wales for satisfaction with teaching in the Social Work subject league tables, The Guardian University Guide 2022.
This course is also available for study with a foundation year BSc (Hons) Public Health & Wellbeing (four years including foundation year) UCAS code: 6YA2 Why not come along to one of our masterclass sessions to find out more, meet our academics and have a taster of what this course involves.
Try before you apply!
Unsure about studying an undergraduate degree? We know full time study can be daunting, so why not try our tailor made short courses and evening classes to help you learn the key skills you need to move forward with your dream career path.Try now