BSc (Hons) Public Health and Wellbeing
work-based experience available
strong links to local employers
UCAS code: L510
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3YRS (FT) 6YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Health is a growing an innovative sector and this programme is designed to equip graduates with the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to work in it and to help people live healthier lives and reduce their incidence of ill health.
The course is:
- delivered through a variety of methods from interactive lectures and class discussions, to group work, and participation in on line forums
- taught on two full days per week but students are expected to engage in both directed and independent study outside of these hours
- develop global health campaigns, produce health promotion leaflets and give presentations, reflecting the real life skills needed by future employers
- develop their self-awareness and emotional literacy, alongside reflective and interpersonal skills –all of which are key attributes in becoming an effective and competent practitioner
- be assigned a personal tutor on enrolment to support them throughout the programme
- benefit from the department’s open door policy and peer mentor system
This course is also available for study with a foundation year BSc (Hons) Public Health & Wellbeing (four years including foundation year) UCAS code: 6YA2
Try before you apply!
Unsure about studying an undergraduate degree? We know full time study can be daunting, so why not try our tailor made short courses and evening classes to help you learn the key skills you need to move forward with your dream career path.Try now