MDes Game Art*
strong industry links
to purpose-built Centre for the Creative Industries
in the Teaching Excellence Framework
UCAS code: 305F
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 120
Duration: 4 YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
This new idea-driven skill based course is about everything from concept art to 3D Modelling, 3D Sculpting character development and level creation.
You’ll be part of a degree with innovation, creativity and employability at its heart as you bring concept to reality; the perfect preparation for a career in an exciting, fast-paced industry worth billions each year.
- see you gain experience in the design skills and techniques used to bring projects from concept to screen through digital painting, 3D modelling, 3D sculpting, 3D animation and game engine
- develop a mix of design and technical skills like environment/character design and creation, 3D modelling, texturing, level design, level creation, live briefs, and games production
- gain a sound knowledge of game and concept art, with an emphasis on innovation, design and creativity rather than the programming and technical aspects of the gaming industry
- use the latest industry standard software
- have the opportunity to get hands-on work with industry professionals on real-world projects to help develop your skills and experience
If you do not wish to apply for the Integrated Masters' level, you may wish to study this course as a three year degree BA (Hons) Game Art UCAS Code: 305D
*Subject to Validation. The University reviews its courses on a regular basis to ensure that they reflect the needs of students and employers. To do this we have a schedule for approving new programmes, and updating existing ones. Some are awaiting their turn in the approval cycle and are shown as 'subject to validation'. As soon as the award is validated, details will be amended automatically. For those courses listed as subject to validation, please contact the Admissions Office on 01978 293439 for further information. Once a programme that you have applied for is validated, details will be communicated to you. If you are not happy with the changes made and wish to withdraw your choice, the University will assist you with finding an alternative programme.