MDes Game Art
strong industry links
to purpose-built Centre for the Creative Industries
in the Teaching Excellence Framework
UCAS code: 305F
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 120
Duration: 4 YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
This new idea-driven skill based course is about everything from concept art to 3D Modelling, 3D Sculpting character development and level creation.
You’ll be part of a degree with innovation, creativity and employability at its heart as you bring concept to reality; the perfect preparation for a career in an exciting, fast-paced industry worth billions each year.
- see you gain experience in the design skills and techniques used to bring projects from concept to screen through digital painting, 3D modelling, 3D sculpting, 3D animation and game engine
- develop a mix of design and technical skills like environment/character design and creation, 3D modelling, texturing, level design, level creation, live briefs, and games production
- gain a sound knowledge of game and concept art, with an emphasis on innovation, design and creativity rather than the programming and technical aspects of the gaming industry
- use the latest industry standard software
- have the opportunity to get hands-on work with industry professionals on real-world projects to help develop your skills and experience
- 1st in Wales and 10th in the UK for overall satisfaction in the area of Cinematics & Photography. (WGU analysis of unpublished NSS 2019 data)
If you do not wish to apply for the Integrated Masters' level, you may wish to study this course as a three year degree BA (Hons) Game Art UCAS Code: 305D