BA (Hons) Game Art
strong industry links
to purpose-built Centre for the Creative Industries
a mix of skills
UCAS code: 305D
Year of entry: 2022
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT) 6YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
This new idea-driven skill-based course is about everything from concept art to 3D Modelling, 3D Sculpting character development and level creation.
You’ll be part of a degree with innovation, creativity and employability at its heart as you bring concept to reality; the perfect preparation for a career in an exciting, fast-paced industry worth billions each year.
- see you gain experience in the design skills and techniques used to bring projects from concept to screen through digital painting, 3D modelling, 3D sculpting, 3D animation and game engine
- develop a mix of design and technical skills like environment/character design and creation, 3D modelling, texturing, level design, level creation, live briefs, and games production
- gain a sound knowledge of game and concept art, with an emphasis on innovation, design and creativity rather than the programming and technical aspects of the gaming industry
- use the latest industry-standard software
- have the opportunity to get hands-on work with industry professionals on real-world projects to help develop your skills and experience
You can also choose to study this course as a foundation year BA (Hons) Game Art (four years including foundation year) UCAS code: 305G or with an Industrial Placement year BA (Hons) Game Art (with Industrial Placement) UCAS Code: GAIP.