BA (Hons) Product Design (with foundation year)
UCAS code: PDFY
Year of entry: 2022
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
This course offers a practical programme of study with design, creation, entrepreneurial and employability skills at its core. The course focuses on the high-quality practical skills needed to be a professional product designer.
Develop your material and design skills through a series of projects including concept design, digital fabrication, and user-centred design. Our graduates have varied and exciting careers across the design sector; some go on to work for well-established companies while others start studios of their own.
You will gain experience in digital technologies and techniques that will enable you to turn your imaginative ideas into design boards through prototypes and practical making skills.
- Learn principles of design communication and drawing- applying these to your own client pitches, design boards, prototypes and final ‘market ready’ products.
- Explore key elements of product design with a focus on sketching, 2D digital techniques and CAD.
- Work with other students on a group project to develop solutions to real-world social and environmental challenges.
- Understand the importance of high-quality fabrication, originality and generating personal responses to materials and processes.
- Specialise and develop a final degree project that will push the boundaries of your skills to set you apart from the crowd in the job market.
You will complete your studies with the professional skills and creative thinking strategies to pursue your chosen career- whether that be as a product designer, working as a freelance designer, or starting your own business.