BA (Hons) Social and Cultural History & Creative Writing with foundation year
work experience opportunities
important social & cultural themes
in the Teaching Excellence Framework
UCAS code: SWFY
Year of entry: 2020
UCAS Tariff: 48
Duration: 4 YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
This degree is for anyone who wishes to combine the practical mechanics of writing with a solid underpinning of historical knowledge and context.
The programme will:
- give you awareness of publishing requirements and market need so you’ll know how the literary industry works and what’s needed to satisfy editors
- The Foundation Year in Humanities will introduce students to a diverse range of themes and activities from the disciplines of History, English Literature, Creative Writing, Theatre and Media
- learn how to write poetry, prose and for radio and screen for both children and adults
- be able to perfect your writing skills alongside the investigative skills of a historian, studying diverse topics from a wide range of historical periods, developing key skills such as research, analysis and communication
- benefit from a completely supportive study environment with a team of lecturers who have close links to the writing world.