Electrical & Electronic Engineering (with foundation year)*
strong industry links
maths support centre
in the Teaching Excellence Framework
UCAS code: H603
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 48
Duration: 4YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
The continuing rapid expansion of technology calls for highly qualified and skilled electronic and electrical engineers. Studying electrical and electronic engineering will prepare you for a vast range of exciting careers, equipping you with technical engineering skills as well as technology, communication and design expertise.
- Develop the skills, knowledge and understanding of engineering-based disciplines and their applications
- use our on-site advanced facilities to help prepare for the demands of working in this industry
- use our computer-aided design (CAD), electronics and engineering laboratories
- investigate the theory of electrical and electronic engineering and then put your learning into practice, developing skills in CAD, computer application, business management and project
- discover specialist topics to study including analogue and digital electronics, software design, digital signal processing, control engineering, microprocessors, radio systems and industrial control systems
You can also choose to study this course as a three-year programme (without a foundation year) BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering UCAS Code:H600
*Subject to re-accreditation When a course is revalidated, it must also be reaccredited. Accreditation also has to be renewed periodically for existing courses. The details on the website are based on the accreditation of the previous or current version of the course, and the anticipated updates are made as soon as they are known. The majority of courses that are still ‘subject to re-accreditation’ are approved as expected however, this is not guaranteed and should the accreditation not be approved as planned, or be significantly amended or delayed, you will be informed by the university. The course will still run, but assistance will be provided to those who have been offered a place to find a suitable alternative course either at Wrexham Glyndwr University or at another provider, if applicants do not wish to continue without accreditation.