BA (Hons) Education (with foundation year)
Year of entry: 2020 2021
UCAS Tariff: 48
Duration: 4YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
This popular degree is ideal for those interested in working with children and young people in informal and formal education settings. The statutory requirements of curricula for children and young people in primary education in both England and Wales are explored, as are factors impacting on learning dispositions and how pupils can be supported through the curriculum and pastorally.
- has a long history of providing a well-respected, successful and alternative pathway into mainstream primary teaching via a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE – Primary Education) or Post-compulsory qualification (PcET – Adult and Further Education)
- keeps options open for a range of other career opportunities that involve work with children and young people
- is predominantly geared towards working with children between the ages of 3-13 years of age
- combines academic study and work experience
- draws upon theoretical perspectives from a wide range of disciplines including education, sociology, psychology, philosophy, health and social welfare/justice
- considers educational policies, processes and perspectives relating to the statutory requirements of early years’ curricula and Key Stage 2 of the National Curriculum in both England and Wales
- covers factors which impact on the wellbeing and learning dispositions of children and young people
Why not come to one of our informal drop-in information sessions? Staff from the Education Department will be available in The Study between 4.00pm and 6.00pm to discuss this programme. Drop-in sessions take place in The Study weekly on Wednesdays. Please see dates and register your interest here or drop in on the day.