BSc (Hons) Computer Science (with foundation year)*
in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
in Wales for learning opportunities*
to in-house business incubation centre
UCAS code: I345
Year of entry: 2020 2021
UCAS Tariff: 48
Duration: 4YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Computer Science is an exciting, challenging, and dynamic field at the cutting edge of technology. It is at the core of pioneering technologies of the 21st Century, shaping the future of both industry and society.
This BCS accredited degree programme will equip graduates with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to analyse, design, develop, test and maintain systems for the future. It also provides an opportunity to participate in the CISCO Academy Programmes in preparation for acquiring CISCO certified accreditation.
The Computing Department provides a friendly learning and teaching environment that operates an open door policy.
Wrexham Glyndwr University is 1st in Wales and 3rd in the UK for learning opportunities and 8th in the UK for academic support (WGU analysis of unpublished 2019 NSS data).
- will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to work as a professional engineer and/or consultant in the design, configuration and management of computer systems
- has employability skills at its heart, developing team working, project management, communication and creative thinking.
- allows you to work on practical design projects, laboratory activities and group project work
- gives you the opportunity to work on a live work based project/placement
- gives you the option of an Industrial Placement Year
You can also choose to study this course as a three year programme (without the foundation year) BSc (Hons) Computer Science UCAS code:4R9B
MEET THE STAFF
Try before you apply!
Unsure about studying an undergraduate degree? We know full time study can be daunting, so why not try our tailor made short courses and evening classes to help you learn the key skills you need to move forward with your dream career path.Try now