BSc (Hons) Computer Game Design and Enterprise (with foundation year)
UK Games Fund Award 2018
Grads in Games Awards 2019
to in-house business incubation centre
UCAS code: GEFY
Year of entry: 2020 2021
UCAS Tariff: 48
Duration: 4YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Join a UK leading course designed to develop strong technical game design, business and production skills so you can be a future industry leader.
The team work closely with organisations such as UK Games Fund, Games Wales, BAFTA Cymru and the British Computing Society to ensure that our students always have access to cutting-edge industry related training and knowledge.
We are home to the innovative Games Talent Wales programme and a UK regional Tranzfuser hub that is sponsored and supported by the UK Games Fund and UK Games Talent. Our business incubation centre is home to several award-winning student owned game studios.
Students on this course will:
- develop essential game design and business start-up and management skills
- learn about the workings of the games industry and the tools and platforms that are critical to success
- gain valuable experience and insight into the game development process and the management of an independent game studio
- enjoys the benefits of close industry engagement with regular visits, guest speakers, presentations, discussion groups and social events
- work with a personal mentor with games development experience to help develop your skills and knowledge
- have access to our in-house business incubation centre and the latest tools and technology in a specialist game development studio
- develop a professional game development portfolio and critical employability skills
This course can also be studied as a three year degree without the foundation year BSc (Hons) Computer Game Design and Enterprise UCAS Code: GE17