BA (Hons) Animation (with foundation year)
in Wales for overall satisfaction*
from big names at Creative Futures conference
rated in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
UCAS code: 259D
Year of entry: 2020 2021
UCAS Tariff: 48
Duration: 4 YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
The Foundational year gives you the opportunity to gain a general artistic experience in diverse disciplines so that you can access the Animation programme with confidence.
If you have a passion for moving images, bringing characters to life and storytelling, this specialised Animation programme will transform you into a versatile creative in the art of the moving image. Designed and developed from the ground up with employability as the core aim, you will develop skills in 2D, 3D and stop motion animation.
You will finish your studies with the professional skills and creative thinking strategies to pursue a career within animation studios, work as a freelance artist, or start your own studio.
- Learn the principles of visual communication and drawing and apply them to character design, background design, storyboarding and scene layout.
- Explore the principles of animation with a focus on 2D digital techniques.
- Work in teams on a short film to be submitted to film festivals, both nationally and internationally.
- Practice character animation using 3D techniques to build up a professional show reel.
- Specialise and develop a final degree project that will push on the boundaries of your skills to ensure you stand out from the crowd in the job market.
Your studies will see you gain experience in digital skills and techniques used to bring your imagination from ideas to screen through, 2D Animation, 3D Animation, and stop motion animation, depending on which you choose to specialise in.
You can also choose to study this course as a three year degree (without the foundation year) BA (Hons) Animation UCAS code: 259B or as a four-year integrated masters option MDes Animation UCAS code: 259C