MDes Photography and Film
on-site facilities including photographic studio
risers in the Guardian University Guide 2019
Opportunities to study abroad
UCAS code: 43J1
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 120
Duration: 4 YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
In this competitive dynamic sector our MDes Photography and Film programme will give you the edge. It provides excellent professional grounding for future careers in the arts and media, academia or working within a broad range of professional contexts within the creative industries.
- discover a range of skills including how the lens can be used creatively as a tool for storytelling, specialist and experimental camera techniques, lighting for studio and location work, editing and post-production
- be encouraged to acquire unique approaches to the photography and film disciplines
- develop and research their own ideas in relation to project briefs, learning transferable skills needed to work as an imaginative professional
- generate and produce ideas through location and studio work
- be guided in making submissions for international galleries, expositions, festivals, drama, documentary, advertising, music media and other forms of digital imagery and visual effects
- have the opportunity to study abroad through the Erasmus Scheme
- take their qualification to master’s level enabling them to deepen their practice-based skills.
- have opportunities to take on ‘live’ briefs and work collaboratively enabling them to learn how to adapt to different ways of working
- use their knowledge for problem solving and expressing their ideas
- enjoy professional engagement and industrial experience opportunities to help them to establish their career and prepare for pursuing a doctoral programme
You can also choose to study this course as a foundation year BA (Hons) Photography & Film (four years including foundation year) UCAS code:W600 or as a three year programme (without a foundation year) BA (Hons) Photography & Film UCAS code:W990