& Childhood Studies
Work experience placements available
support from programme team and academic tutorial systems
in the Teaching Excellence Framework
UCAS code: X162
Year of entry: 2019
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT) 6 YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
The community, children and families are at the heart of this course, which offers an excellent grounding to prepare for a range of employment sectors or an alternative route into teaching.
- complement academic study with work experience in a variety of community-based settings
- gain an excellent understanding of issues relating to children, young people and families and their holistic development
- draw on a wide range of disciplines, including sociology, psychology, philosophy, education, public health and human rights
- investigates the changing dynamics within childhood, families and communities
- become critically informed graduates with transferrable skills for employment
You can also choose to study this course as a foundation year BA (Hons) Families and Childhood Studies (four years including foundation year) UCAS Code: 14L1
Why not come to one of our informal drop-in information sessions? Staff from the Education Department will be available in The Study between 4.00pm and 6.00pm to discuss this programme. Drop-in sessions take place in The Study weekly on Wednesdays. Please see dates and register your interest here or drop in on the day.
I thoroughly enjoyed my studies at Glyndŵr from the first year until the third the course, tutors and support were outstanding...It was nice to have a personal relationship with tutors.