Creative Writing & English
in Wales for overall satisfaction*
in Wales for teaching satisfaction*
in the Teaching Excellence Framework
UCAS code: WQ83
Year of entry: 2019
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT) 6 YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Our BA Hons Creative Writing and English degree provides students with the opportunity to study a range of genres and styles of literary texts, within a broad range of historical periods in order to give you an understanding of how literature is a product of culture and the way it has developed over time.
- provides the experience of writing practice as well as engagement with the processes of textual production undertaken by existing writers
- equips you with essential skills, qualifications and experience to start a career in a wide range of professions
- acquire knowledge of critical theoretical approaches together with the skills of analytical thinking
- learn that composition is closely related to drafting, editing and polishing and the work you do will lead to the completion and evaluation of a finished product
- develop and demonstrate analytical skills through the essay form and your own practice
- develop a good understanding of industry practice and benefit from Glyndwr’s memorandum of agreement with Literature Wales
I won a BBC short story competition in writing for children...The fact that I won a competition in something I never thought I could turn my hand to three years ago is a great testimony to the lecturers here.