BA (Hons) Education
Work placements available each year of study
Benefit from a supportive academic tutorial system
in the Teaching Excellence Framework
UCAS code: X310
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3YRS (FT) 5YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
This popular degree is ideal for those interested in working with children and young people in informal and formal education settings.
- has a long history of providing a well-respected, successful and alternative pathway into mainstream primary teaching via a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE – Primary Education) or Post-compulsory qualification (PcET – Adult and Further Education)
- keeps options open for a range of other career opportunities that involve work with children and young people
- is predominantly geared towards working with children between the ages of 3-13 years of age
- combines academic study and work experience
- draws upon theoretical perspectives from a wide range of disciplines including education, sociology, psychology, philosophy, health and social welfare/justice
- considers educational policies, processes and perspectives relating to the statutory requirements of early years’ curricula and Key Stage 2 of the National Curriculum in both England and Wales
- covers factors which impact on the wellbeing and learning dispositions of children and young people
You can also choose to study this course as a foundation BA (Hons) Education and Childhood Studies (four years including foundation year) UCAS Code: 7X64
Why not come to one of our informal drop-in information sessions? Staff from the Education Department will be available in The Study between 4.00pm and 6.00pm to discuss this programme. Drop-in sessions take place in The Study weekly on Wednesdays. Please see dates and register your interest here or drop in on the day.