BA (Hons) Education Studies
your qualification to a BA degree
Accredited Learning Support Assistant (ALSA) option available
in the Teaching Excellence Framework
UCAS code: 3R6B
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: N/A N/A
Duration: 1YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
This course is perfect for people already working in education and related fields who want to pursue their studies alongside their job.
- is designed for education and multi-agency practitioners with a foundation degree or equivalent level five qualification in an education related subject area
- helps you critically reflect on education practice and build upon your knowledge, understanding and skills to further develop your work-based practice
- allows you to develop your skills and abilities in the context of your current employment
- gives you a range of optional modules so you can tailor the course to your interests or career ambitions
- has a long history of providing a well-respected, successful and alternative pathway into mainstream primary teaching via a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE – Primary Education) or Post-compulsory qualification (PcET – Adult and Further Education)
- keeps options open for a range of other career opportunities that involve work with children and young people
Why not come to one of our informal drop-in information sessions? Staff from the Education Department will be available in The Study between 4.00pm and 6.00pm to discuss this programme. Drop-in sessions take place in The Study weekly on Wednesdays. Please see dates and register your interest here or drop in on the day.