BA (Hons) Education
UCAS code: X310
Year of entry: 2021
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3YRS (FT) 6YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
This popular degree is ideal for those interested in working with children and young people in informal and formal education settings. The statutory requirements of curricula for children and young people in primary education in both England and Wales are explored, as are factors impacting on learning dispositions and how pupils can be supported through the curriculum and pastorally.
- has a long history of providing a well-respected, successful and alternative pathway into mainstream primary teaching via a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE – Primary Education) or Post-compulsory qualification (PcET – Adult and Further Education)
- keeps options open for a range of other career opportunities that involve work with children and young people
- is predominantly geared towards working with children between the ages of 3-13 years of age
- combines academic study and work experience
- draws upon theoretical perspectives from a wide range of disciplines including education, sociology, psychology, philosophy, health and social welfare/justice
- considers educational policies, processes and perspectives relating to the statutory requirements of early years’ curricula and Key Stage 2 of the National Curriculum in both England and Wales
- covers factors which impact on the wellbeing and learning dispositions of children and young people
Why not come along to one of our masterclass sessions to find out more, meet our academics and have a taster of what this course involves.