BA (Hons) Photography and Film
on-site facilities including photographic studio
risers in the Guardian University Guide 2019
Opportunities to study abroad
UCAS code: W990
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT) 6YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Developed for students with a passion for independent photography, film and cinema, this innovative multi-genre programme combines practice, theory and professionalism. Whether you prefer to work with the still or moving image, you can creatively and conceptually explore film and photography on our inspiring, challenging and rewarding degree.
- discover a range of skills including how the lens can be used creatively as a tool for storytelling, specialist and experimental camera techniques, lighting for studio and location work, editing and post-production
- be encouraged to acquire unique approaches to the photography and film disciplines
- develop and research their own ideas in relation to project briefs, learning transferable skills needed to work as an imaginative professional
- generate and produce ideas through location and studio work
- be guided in making submissions for international galleries, expositions, festivals, drama, documentary, advertising, music media and other forms of digital imagery and visual effects
- have the opportunity to study abroad through the Erasmus Scheme
You can also choose to study this course as a foundation year BA (Hons) Photography & Film (four years including foundation year) UCAS code:W600
This course is also available as an integrated masters MDes Photography and Film UCAS code: 43J1
Try before you apply!
Unsure about studying an undergraduate degree? We know full time study can be daunting, so why not try our tailor made short courses and evening classes to help you learn the key skills you need to move forward with your dream career path.Try now