by the British Computer Society (BCS)
computing research (REF 2014)
in the Teaching Excellence Framework
UCAS code: 8L6D
Year of entry: 2019
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3/4YRS (FT/Placement) 6YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Digitally enabled technologies and services support most aspects of modern life. Ensuring information is safe and services are kept running is the responsibility of cyber security practitioners and computer security experts.
- addresses the advances in cyber security through an in-depth understanding of IT security, hacking, forensics, and the future and emerging technologies associated with this rapidly changing field
- provides opportunities to undertake real-life projects, preparing you for work within the industry
- provides opportunities to build and configure computer and networked systems, as well as the necessary support systems, to enable them to work effectively in a range of employment environments
- explores the issues associated with managing these types of systems and in particular the necessary aspects of network security
- offers the option of an Industrial Placement Year
You can also choose to study this course as a foundation year BSc (Hons) Cyber Security (four years including foundation year) UCAS Code: H098