in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
computing research (REF 2014)
to in-house business incubation centre
UCAS code: 8L6D
Year of entry: 2019
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3/4YRS (FT/Placement) 6YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Digitally enabled technologies and services support most aspects of modern life. Ensuring information is safe and services are kept running is the responsibility of cyber security practitioners and computer security experts.
- addresses the advances in cyber security through an in-depth understanding of IT security, hacking, forensics, and the future and emerging technologies associated with this rapidly changing field
- provides opportunities to undertake real-life projects, preparing you for work within the industry
- provides opportunities to build and configure computer and networked systems, as well as the necessary support systems, to enable them to work effectively in a range of employment environments
- explores the issues associated with managing these types of systems and in particular the necessary aspects of network security
- offers the option of an Industrial Placement Year
You can also choose to study this course as a foundation year BSc (Hons) Cyber Security (four years including foundation year) UCAS Code: H098
*Subject to re-accreditation When a course is revalidated, it must also be reaccredited. Accreditation also has to be renewed periodically for existing courses. The details on the website are based on the accreditation of the previous or current version of the course, and the anticipated updates are made as soon as they are known. The majority of courses that are still ‘subject to re-accreditation’ are approved as expected however, this is not guaranteed and should the accreditation not be approved as planned, or be significantly amended or delayed, you will be informed by the university. The course will still run, but assistance will be provided to those who have been offered a place to find a suitable alternative course either at Wrexham Glyndwr University or at another provider, if applicants do not wish to continue without accreditation.