BA (Hons) Criminology & Criminal Justice
in the UK for student satisfaction*
1st in Wales
and 3rd in the UK for teaching*
Excellent links to criminal justice agencies
UCAS code: M240
Year of entry: 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3YRS (FT) 6YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Our programme tackles a fascinating array of questions from why people commit crime to how it affects society, historical landmarks in the justice system and high-profile cases which had a ground-breaking impact on the legal arena.
- study criminology from a range of perspectives including social, political and psychological, focusing on modern methods of policing, development of policy and the workings of magistrates and crown courts
- examine criminal law and the role and work of the agencies that make up a modern criminal justice system
- take part in site visits
- have a variety of voluntary work opportunities
- learn from visiting lecturers such as judges, police, probation and youth justice staff
- study in a subject area rated first in the UK for student satisfaction and top 20 for graduate prospects, Complete University Guide 2020, and first in Wales and third in the UK for teaching, assessment and feedback and academic support, National Student Survey 2019 (WGU analysis of unpublished NSS 2019 data).
- leave ready to enter a wide range of sectors including youth justice, probation, prison, the police and voluntary organisations