Dip HE Counselling
in Wales for overall satisfaction*
of face-to-face contact with the programme team
2nd in the UK
for academic support*
UCAS code: N/A
Year of entry: 2020 2021
Duration: 2YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
As the demand for professional counsellors increases, particularly in the private sector, the Diploma in Counselling offers an opportunity to develop professionally and personally through an academic and experiential programme of study.
The subject area is rated first in the UK for overall satisfaction in the National Survey of Students 2019.
- is aimed at providing you with a general professional qualification in counselling
- will help anyone working in related professions by adding valuable understanding and skills
- *is in a subject area rated first in Wales for overall satisfaction with 100% (WGU analysis of unpublished National Survey of Students data 2020)
- *is in a subject area rated 2nd in the UK wfor academic support (WGU analysis of unpublished National Survey of Students data 2020)
- will prepare you to work with adult clients
- includes clinical placements
- is grounded in the person-centred approach allowing you to provide empathic, authentic relationships which will develop effective therapeutic interaction
- emphasises the personal development, self-awareness and psychological maturity of the trainee
- develops the ability to write and practice reflectively, to apply theory in practice, to understand and apply ethical principles in your work, and professionalism in practice
- provides 450 face to face contact hours over 2 years
If you would like a taster of the subject before committing to the full diploma, then you may also be interested in our short course Introduction to Counselling .
We are no longer accepting applications to study this course in September 2020. Applications to study this course commencing September 2021 will open in October 2020.
Try before you apply!
Unsure about studying an undergraduate degree? We know full time study can be daunting, so why not try our tailor made short courses and evening classes to help you learn the key skills you need to move forward with your dream career path.Try now