in Wales for assessment and feedback*
of face-to-face contact with the programme team
in the Teaching Excellence Framework
UCAS code: N/A
Year of entry: 2019 2020
Duration: 2YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
There is a high demand for professional counsellors following moves to professionalise the field in the UK coupled with the enshrining of counselling in schools by Welsh Government policy.
- is aimed at providing you with a general professional qualification in counselling
- will help anyone working in related professions by adding valuable understanding and skills
- is first in Wales for assessment and feedback (WGU analysis of unpublished NSS 2018 data)
- will prepare you to work with adult clients
- includes clinical placements
- is grounded in the person-centred approach allowing you to provide empathic, authentic relationships which will develop effective therapeutic interaction
- emphasises the personal development, self-awareness and psychological maturity of the trainee
- develops the ability to write and practice reflectively, to apply theory in practice, to understand and apply ethical principles in your work, and professionalism in practice
- provides 450 face to face contact hours over 2 years
If you would like a taster of the subject before committing to the full diploma, then you may also be interested in our short course Introduction to Counselling.