in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
in Wales for teaching satisfaction*
to in-house business incubation centre
UCAS code: 4R9B
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3YRS (FT) 4YRS (placement)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Computing is an exciting, challenging and dynamic field. Computers form an integral part of every aspect of society and modern life and new computing technologies are introduced at an enormous rate. As a result, the computer science area develops and changes continually and rapidly.
The demand for graduates with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to analyse, design, develop, test and maintain modern computer systems is high.
This degree will look at the computer science at the core of the underlying technologies that are increasingly infiltrating every element of our society.
- has employability skills at its heart, developing team working, project management, communication and creative thinking.
- will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to work as a professional engineer and/or consultant in the design, configuration and management of computer systems
- allows you to work on practical design projects, laboratory activities and group project work
- gives you the opportunity to work on a live work based project/placement
- gives you the option of an Industrial Placement Year
- was first in Wales for teaching satisfaction (WGU analysis of unpublished 2018 NSS data)
- provides an opportunity to participate in the CISCO Academy Programmes and qualify for CISCO accreditation
This course is available to study this course with an Industrial Placement year BSc (Hons) Computer Science Industrial Placement Year(with Industrial Placement)
You can also choose to study this course as a foundation year BSc (Hons) Computer Science (four years including foundation year) UCAS code:I345
*Subject to re-accreditation When a course is revalidated, it must also be reaccredited. Accreditation also has to be renewed periodically for existing courses. The details on the website are based on the accreditation of the previous or current version of the course, and the anticipated updates are made as soon as they are known. The majority of courses that are still ‘subject to re-accreditation’ are approved as expected however, this is not guaranteed and should the accreditation not be approved as planned, or be significantly amended or delayed, you will be informed by the university. The course will still run, but assistance will be provided to those who have been offered a place to find a suitable alternative course either at Wrexham Glyndwr University or at another provider, if applicants do not wish to continue without accreditation.