BSc (Hons) Computer Networks
in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
in Wales for learning opportunities*
to in-house business incubation centre
UCAS code: I567
Year of entry: 2021
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3YRS (FT) 4YRS (placement)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Today’s businesses demand the ability to have computer systems and networks, which operate on a global scale – so there is a high demand for people with the skills to make this happen.
This subject area has been rated top in Wales for learning opportunities and academic support (WGU analysis of unpublished 2019 NSS data) and includes a mix of technology, security and networking modules with many hands-on practical opportunities.
- develop critical skills and cutting edge thinking to gain the confidence to keep up with the fast pace of change in this field
- develop technical knowledge of the installation, operation security, and maintenance of computer systems and networks used in business and industry
- develop industry-critical key skills such as team working, communication and business skills
- have opportunities to work on real-life projects
- learn the fundamentals of data communications and how to apply this knowledge to manage, design, implement, configure and operate secure networks on a professional footing
- learn how to identify a range of significant threats to network security and formulate and implement defence strategies.
- have the opportunity to complete the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) qualification whilst studying for their degree
- have access to Cisco Systems state-of-the-art equipment is used in practical sessions
- have the option of an Industrial Placement Year
This course is available to study with an Industrial Placement year BSc (Hons) Computer Networks and Security (with Industrial Placement) UCAS Code: CNIP
You can also choose to study this course as a foundation year BSc (Hons) Computer Networks and Security (four years including foundation year) UCAS code: I566