BSc (Hons) Computer Networks & Security
in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
to complete CCNA while studying
to in-house business incubation centre
UCAS code: I567
Year of entry: 2022
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3YRS (FT) 4YRS (placement)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Today’s businesses demand the ability to have computer systems and networks, which operate on a global scale – so there is a high demand for people with the skills to make this happen.
This course includes a mix of technology, security and networking modules with many hands-on practical opportunities.
- develop critical skills and cutting edge thinking to gain the confidence to keep up with the fast pace of change in this field
- develop technical knowledge of the installation, operation security, and maintenance of computer systems and networks used in business and industry
- develop industry-critical key skills such as team working, communication and business skills
- have opportunities to work on real-life projects
- learn the fundamentals of data communications and how to apply this knowledge to manage, design, implement, configure and operate secure networks on a professional footing
- learn how to identify a range of significant threats to network security and formulate and implement defence strategies.
- have the opportunity to complete the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) qualification whilst studying for their degree
- have access to Cisco Systems state-of-the-art equipment is used in practical sessions
- have the option of an Industrial Placement Year
This course is available to study with an Industrial Placement year BSc (Hons) Computer Networks and Security (with Industrial Placement) UCAS Code: CNIP
You can also choose to study this course as a foundation year BSc (Hons) Computer Networks and Security (four years including foundation year) UCAS code: I566