Computer Game Development
by British Computer Society (BCS)
in Wales for overall satisfaction*
in Wales for teaching Satisfaction*
UCAS code: G451
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3/4YRS (FT/Placement) 6YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
The course is designed to develop strong technical game development and project management skills to enhance your employability.
We work closely with organisations such as Games Wales, BAFTA Cymru and the British Computing Society to ensure that our students always have access to cutting-edge industry related training and knowledge.
Wrexham Glyndŵr University is one of only eleven UK regional Tranzfuser hubs that are sponsored and supported by the UK Games Fund and UK Games Talent. Our business incubation centre (The Enterprise Lounge) plays a key role in supporting this initiative and is home to several student owned game studios.
With more than a decade of evolution behind it, the course:
- enjoys the benefits of close industry links with regular visits, guest speakers, presentations, discussion groups and social events.
- develops the technical skills that underpin games design, development and the game art pipeline
- has an excellent track record for graduate employment with many ex-students going on to work at some of the UK's most recognisable game studios
- delivers industry standard theory and practice allowing students to gain valuable experience in the game development process and the management of a game studio
- offers the option of an Industrial Placement Year
This course is available to study this course with an Industrial Placement year BSc (Hons) Computer Game Development (with Industrial Placement)
You can also choose to study this course with a foundation year BSc (Hons) Computer Game Development (four years including foundation year) UCAS code I620 or as a four-year Integrated Masters MComp Computer Game Development
UCAS code 57KS