BSc (Hons) Community
Specialist Practice (District Nursing)
qualification recordable by NMC
in the teaching excellence framework
UCAS code: N/A
Year of entry: 2019 2020
Duration: 1YRS (FT) 2YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
Wrexham Glyndwr University is the only provider within North Wales offering the District Nursing Programme.
The programme is for qualified nurses who hold a current registration as a nurse (part 1) with the UK Nursing and Midwifery Council Register (equivalent to parts 1 or 12 of the NMC Register).
- enables the student to qualify as a District Nurse and record the qualification with the NMC
- can be taken full time, part-time or flexibly by a module by module approach
- is taught by a dedicated team of professional nurses who have backgrounds in District Nursing and Community Nursing Roles.
- consists of 50% theory and 50% practice within a district nursing team
- has a six week period of practice consolidation at the end of the programme, ensuring you feel fully prepared for your new role as a District Nurse.