BN (Hons) Children's Nursing*
Children's Nursing specific modules from day 1
by the Nursing and Midwifery Council*
Small student cohorts allow teaching team able to dedicate time to individuals
UCAS code: CN22
Year of entry: 2022
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT) 6 YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Children’s nursing is a rewarding profession caring for children, young people and their family from birth to young adulthood. At Wrexham Glyndwr University we will prepare you with the knowledge and skills to become a graduate and NMC registered children’s nurse. We pride ourselves on the support and guidance offered to students with an open-door approach.
- Have a personal tutor who will support and guide you in your personal and professional development.
- Study a programme developed to meet the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) (2018) Future Nurse standards.
- Split their studies 50/50 between clinical practice and theory. Practice placements in a variety of hospital and community settings enable you to experience a range of learning opportunities. Support in placement is by practice supervisors and assessors along with an academic assessor and practice education facilitators.
- Study family-centred and child-centred care throughout te course. Child field specific learning from the beginning gives you the opportunity to learn about the care needs of children, young people and their families, along with shared learning between child, adult and mental health fields of nursing on common themes relevant for all.
- Have opportunities for interprofessional learning enable collaborative working with a range of different health care professionals.
*Subject to validation and accreditation