UCAS code: CB19
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
This highly specialised degree in Children’s Books aims to help you develop both your illustrative style and flair for storytelling. The course covers the practical, professional and artistic sides of writing and illustrating books for a younger audience. The programme will expand and develop your illustrative knowledge and ability, equipping you for a successful career in the creative industries.
- learn about writing, storytelling and theories of narrative structure
- develop a unique personal style and produce a professional portfolio
- be encouraged to expand their abilities through workshops and practical projects
- learn creative skills from generating ideas to technical production through printmaking, bookbinding, 3D materials, life drawing, traditional and digital media
- be encouraged to work on live briefs and competitions
- learn freelance skills such as marketing and self-promotion to contracts, invoices and working with clients
*Subject to Validation. The University reviews its courses on a regular basis to ensure that they reflect the needs of students and employers. To do this we have a schedule for approving new programmes, and updating existing ones. Some are awaiting their turn in the approval cycle and are shown as 'subject to validation'. As soon as the award is validated, details will be amended automatically. For those courses listed as subject to validation, please contact the Admissions Office on 01978 293439 for further information. Once a programme that you have applied for is validated, details will be communicated to you. If you are not happy with the changes made and wish to withdraw your choice, the University will assist you with finding an alternative programme.