BA (Hons) Children's Books*
UCAS code: CB19
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
This highly specialised degree in Children’s Books aims to help you develop both your illustrative style and flair for storytelling. The course covers the practical, professional and artistic sides of writing and illustrating books for a younger audience. The programme will expand and develop your illustrative knowledge and ability, equipping you for a successful career in the creative industries.
- learn about writing, storytelling and theories of narrative structure
- develop a unique personal style and produce a professional portfolio
- be encouraged to expand their abilities through workshops and practical projects
- learn creative skills from generating ideas to technical production through printmaking, bookbinding, 3D materials, life drawing, traditional and digital media
- be encouraged to work on live briefs and competitions
- learn freelance skills such as marketing and self-promotion to contracts, invoices and working with clients
*Subject to Validation.