Study in dedicated chemical and instrumental analysis laboratories to gain practical experience.
Gain transferable knowledge skills to equip you for a broader job market.
Get actively involved with the Royal Society of Chemistry North Wales Section.
UCAS code: CM18
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT) 6 YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
The chemical industry is the UK’s second largest export contributor and has a significant presence in North Wales and the North West of England.
This course features:
- problem-based laboratory sessions designed to equip you for a career in the chemical sciences
- a wide-ranging study of relevant theory in the chemistry disciplines set in the context of current and emerging technologies
- a core theme of analytical chemistry which cuts across both classroom-based sessions and practical sessions delivered in our well-equipped instrument laboratories
- project work which nurtures independent learning, critical thinking and the project management skills demanded in the workplace
- networking opportunities with expert industrialists facilitated by research links with local industry
- active involvement with the Royal Society of Chemistry North Wales Section
This course is also available as a four-year degree (with a foundation year) BSc Hons Chemistry (with foundation year) UCAS code: CMFY