BSc (Hons) Biochemistry
Year of entry: 2021
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT) 6 YR (PT)
Institution code: G53
Our BSc Hons Biochemistry programme is designed to introduce the students to a wide range of industry standard and novel techniques applicable in the field of biochemistry. Modules have been designed to cover the specific criteria of the QAA Biosciences 2019 Benchmarks as well as being aligned to PSRBs such as the Biochemical Society and Royal Society of Biology. The aim is to produce high quality graduates with excellent further study and employment opportunities. Students will be integrated into the culture of research from enrolment through to graduation where they will interface with researchers from other disciplines. They will work alongside MPhil and PhD students as well as Post-doctoral researchers.
Specifically, the programme will:
- Provide a broad practical based Biochemistry curriculum.
- Develop competence in scientific methods of enquiry and problem solving.
- Enable students to develop an in-depth knowledge in the field of Biochemistry and acquire a critical awareness of current issues and developments in the subject.
- Equip students in a wide range of industry standard and novel techniques applicable in Biochemistry.
- Encourage critical skills, a knowledge of professional responsibility, integrity and ethics together with the ability to reflect on personal progress as a learner and undertake independent study at level 6 for the dissertation module.
- Produce graduates able to carry out research within an ethical framework.