to work on client-based projects
from big names at Creative Futures conference
1st in wales
in the National Student Survey 2019*
UCAS code: 259C
Year of entry: 2020 2021
UCAS Tariff: 120
Duration: 4 YRS (FT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
If you have a passion for moving images, bringing characters to life and storytelling, this new specialised Animation programme will transform you into a versatile creative in the art of the moving image.
You will finish your studies with the professional skills and creative thinking strategies to apply for jobs in studios, work as a freelance artist, or start your own studio.
The Integrated Masters gives you the opportunity to delve deeper into your professional practice after the BA (Hons).
- learn the principles of visual communication and drawing and apply them to character design, background design, storyboarding and scene layout.
- explore the principles of animation with a focus on 2D techniques.
- work in teams on an informative motion graphic project for a real client.
- practice character animation using 3D techniques to build up a show reel.
- specialise and develop a final degree project.
Your studies will see you gain experience in digital skills and techniques used to bring your imagination from ideas to screen through, 2D Animation, 3D Animation, and stop motion animation, depending on which you choose to specialise in.
If you do not wish to apply for the Integrated Masters' level, you may choose to study this course as a three year degree
BA (Hons) Animation UCAS Code: 259B