BA (Hons) Animation
insights with visits to industry
from big names at Creative Futures conference
rated in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
UCAS code: 259B
Year of entry: 2021
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT) 6YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
This course offers a practical programme of study, enabling you to bring characters to life. This specialised Animation programme will transform you into a versatile creative in the art of the moving image. Designed and developed from the ground up with employability as the core aim, you will develop skills in 2D, 3D and stop motion animation.
You will finish your studies with the professional skills and creative thinking strategies to pursue a career within animation studios, work as a freelance artist, or start your own studio.
- learn the principles of visual communication and drawing and apply them to character design, background design, storyboarding and scene layout
- explore the principles of animation with a focus on 2D techniques
- work in teams on an informative motion graphic project for a real client
- practice character animation using 3D techniques to build up a show reel
- specialise and develop a final degree project
Your studies will see you gain experience in digital skills and techniques used to bring your imagination from ideas to screen through, 2D Animation, 3D Animation, and stop motion animation, depending on which you choose to specialise in.
You can also choose to study this course as a four-year integrated masters option MDes Animation UCAS code: 259C or as a foundation year BA (Hons) Animation (four years including foundation year) UCAS code: 259D