BA (Hons) Animation
to work on client-based projects
from big names at Creative Futures conference
rated in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
UCAS code: 259B
Year of entry: 2019 2020
UCAS Tariff: 112
Duration: 3 YRS (FT) 6YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
If you have a passion for moving images, bringing characters to life and storytelling, this new specialised Animation programme will transform you into a versatile creative in the art of the moving image.
You will finish your studies with the professional skills and creative thinking strategies to apply for jobs in studios, work as a freelance artist, or start your own studio.
- learn the principles of visual communication and drawing and apply them to character design, background design, storyboarding and scene layout
- explore the principles of animation with a focus on 2D techniques
- work in teams on an informative motion graphic project for a real client
- practice character animation using 3D techniques to build up a show reel
- specialise and develop a final degree project
You can also choose to study this course as a four-year integrated masters option MDes Animation UCAS code: 259C or as a foundation year BA (Hons) Animation (four years including foundation year) UCAS code: 259D