BSc (Hons) Animal Behaviour, Welfare and Conservation top up
1st in the UK
in the Complete University Guide 2021*
links, visits and opportunities
UCAS code: D301
Year of entry: 2020
UCAS Tariff: N/A
Duration: 1 YRS (FT) 2 YRS (PT)
Institution code: G53
Why choose this course?
The BSc (Hons) Animal Behaviour, Welfare and Conservation top-up programme follows on from our FdSc Applied Animal Behaviour, Welfare and Conservation. It provides a balanced package of skills and knowledge, tailored for those wishing to enter an animal care sector profession.
- study in a subject area rated *1st in the UK for student satisfaction in the Complete University Guide 2020 AND 1st in the UK for overall satisfaction and learning community, (WGU analysis of unpublished NSS 2019 data)
- develop and advance their existing knowledge in the core themes of animal welfare, behaviour and conservation.
- design and implement a research study of their choice.
- gain personal and professional development to maximise employability within the industry.
- have access to a rare breeds farm, animal unit, equestrian facility and woodland on our Northop campus.
- enjoy off site visits to animal charities, wildlife centres and other industry related venues.
Students who have completed HND, FdSc or Dip HE in a related subject at other institutions can also join the course.