The Careers and Employability Service at Wrexham Glyndŵr University has a wealth of expertise, resources, and opportunities to help you make your career decisions and support you to gain the experience needed to fulfil your potential.
The service is designed to provide impartial and professional information, advice and guidance for potential students, current students and graduates. It also works with employers to promote their vacancies and volunteering opportunities.
Whether you are looking for part-time work while you are studying, a volunteer opportunity over a semester break or a graduate job on completion of your course – our team will be there to support you every step of the way.
“I am grateful beyond measure to the Careers team for helping me, one step at a time, to get my very important first graduate job.” Bart, Creative Media Computing
Our portfolio of services include:
- Career Guidance - you can arrange a careers guidance appointment with one of our Careers Advisers. Our Careers Advisors are trained to offer impartial advice with complete confidentiality.
- A Careers information library - printed handouts on the most popular careers topics are available as well as information online.
- Glyndŵr Temps which offers a range of paid opportunities to support the University’s work on a temporary or continuing basis.
- Jobshop - register with the Jobshop to gain access to our online directory of vacancies including graduate jobs, part-time jobs, vacation work, voluntary work, internships and placements.
- CV and application reviewing service and interview preparation and assessment support.
- Enhancing Entrepreneurship which is a student and graduate enterprise hub designed to support business start-ups. Enhancing Entrepreneurship regularly holds events and workshops to give students the opportunity to develop the skills they would need to start their own business.
All opportunities help you to boost your employability through gaining experience or developing your confidence in the application and selection process.
What do our students think?
Watch the video below to hear what our students think of the careers support available at Wrexham Glyndwr.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday - 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Tuesday - 10am to 5pm
- Friday - 9.00am to 4.30pm
During holiday periods we are open 9.00am to 4.30pm, but contact us to confirm our current opening times before you travel.
“I really appreciate the fact that you bend over backwards to help students, as well as the effective support you give.” Khumbulani, PGCE
Call 01978 293240
Keep in touch with us on Twitter @WGUCareers