The careers and zone service at Wrexham Glyndŵr University has a wealth of expertise, resources, and opportunities to help you make your career decisions and support you to gain the experience needed to fulfil your potential.
The service is designed to provide impartial and professional information, advice and guidance for potential students, current students and graduates. It also works with employers to promote their vacancies and volunteering opportunities.
Whether you are looking for part-time work while you are studying, a work placement or volunteer opportunity over a semester break or a graduate job on completion of your course – our team will be there to support you every step of the way.
“I am grateful beyond measure to the Careers team for helping me, one step at a time, to get my very important first graduate job.” Bart, Creative Media Computing
Our portfolio of services include:
- Career Guidance - you can arrange a careers guidance appointment with one of our Careers Advisers. Our Careers Advisors are trained to offer impartial advice with complete confidentiality.
- A Careers information library - printed handouts on the most popular careers topics are available as well as information online.
- Glyndŵr Temps which offers a range of paid opportunities to support the University’s work on a temporary or continuing basis.
- Jobshop - register with the Jobshop to gain access to our online directory of vacancies including graduate jobs, part-time jobs, vacation work, voluntary work, internships and placements.
- CV and application reviewing service and interview preparation and assessment support.
- The Zone which is a student and graduate enterprise hub designed to support business start-ups. The Zone regularly holds events and workshops to give students the opportunity to develop the skills they would need to start their own business.
All opportunities help you to boost your employability through gaining experience or developing your confidence in the application and selection process.
Make summer work for you
Careers and Employability are running a series of FREE workshops this summer for WGU student and graduates. The workshops aim to prepare you for the right job opportunities, how to make you stand out from the crowd and succeed at interview. Places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment!
Sign up for 2 or more workshops and be entered into a prize draw to win £50 in Amazon vouchers!
What do our students think?
Watch the video below to hear what our students think of the careers support available at Wrexham Glyndwr.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday - 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Tuesday - 10am to 5pm
- Friday - 9.00am to 4.30pm
During holiday periods we are open 9.00am to 4.30pm, but contact us to confirm our current opening times before you travel.
“I really appreciate the fact that you bend over backwards to help students, as well as the effective support you give.” Khumbulani, PGCE
Call 01978 293240
Keep in touch with us on Twitter @WGUCareers
All of the latest information, event details and videos about our business start-up support can be found on our zone blog or find us on LinkedIn Twitter: @zoneglyndwr and Facebook: /zoneglyndwr. You can request to join our mailing list at email@example.com.